Other suitable evidence as alternatives to the TfL B1 English Test
Transport for London has provided a list of other alternative qualifications which you can pass and provide as evidence to adhere to the new English Language Requirement for Private Hire Drivers.
- UK GCSE/O level (or equivalent) certificate at grades A* to G
- UK AS-Level/A level certificate
- UK NVQ*/B-Tech/City & Guilds qualification, along with confirmation from the awarding body that the qualification provided is equivalent to GCSE or above
- UK BA Hons, BSc Hons degree or higher i.e. master’s, PhD
- UK HNC/HND qualification
- SELT certificate at B1 level or higher, issued by Trinity College London or IELTS showing proficiency in reading, writing, speaking and listening
Alternative Accepted Courses for TfL English Language Requirement
We off the following alternative courses that are accepted by TfL once passed and certified.