Transport for London require applicants looking to become a private hire driver to prove they are of Good Character, this is done by applying for an enhanced CRB criminal background check.
Where do I apply?
With your private hire application pack you should receive information on how to apply for your CRB online by visiting the Online Disclosures website. We find that many people get confused as to what exactly they need to do to process their CRB check, so we offer a online CRB application process.
The documents required to complete your CRB online
To complete your CRB, you must bring the following documents with you to our office.
- Valid Photocard Driving Licence with your current address
- Valid UK Passport or EEA State European Identity card
- Your National Insurance Number
- A recent Bank or Credit Card Statement (within last 3 months)
- or A utility bills, P60, P45, Council Tax or Government Letter
- All documents must have the same address and name in correct order
Please consider the following convictions before you decide to become a private hire minicab driver.
- Any conviction for a major violent offence such as murder, manslaughter etc
- You have more than 1 conviction of any type of violent offence in the last 10 years
- You are still serving a custodial sentence, even if you have been released early on licence or the sentence was suspended
- Have been convicted, cautioned or subjected to any other penalty for a serious sexual offence (rape, indecent assault, trafficking, possession of indecent images etc)
- Have been convicted, cautioned or subjected to any other penalty for more than one sexual offence of any type, irrespective of age
- Are listed on the Individual Safeguarding Agency’s barred list
- Have been convicted, cautioned or subjected to any other penalty for touting in the last 12 months or have more than one penalty for touting in the last five years
- You have been convicted of human trafficking or assisting illegal immigrants in to the UK